This key lime pie is so delicious, your guests won’t believe how healthy it is. Ditch the processed flour, sugar and conventional dairy for fresh ingredients everyone will love. No baking and no crust make this pie simple and fast to make.
1 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
1/2 cup pasture raised cream or cashew cream for vegan and dairy free
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup fresh key lime or lime juice
1 1/4 tsp. Lime zest
1 Tbsp. grass fed gelatin like Vital Proteins
2 Tbsp. butter (use coconut oil for a dairy free option)
1 medium avocado
*note: don’t forget to zest your limes before juicing them.
1. Grease a glass pie plate with sustainably harvested palm oil or coconut oil. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl or glass measuring cup stir the gelatin into the lime juice. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat combine coconut cream, cream or cashew cream, maple syrup, lime zest and butter or coconut oil. While stirring, bring the liquid to a boil then immediately remove from heat. Whisk in lime and gelatin mixture until completely dissolved and smooth.
4. Add avocado flesh to the container of a high speed blender like a Vitamix. Pour liquid from saucepan over the avocado. Blend until smooth.
5. Pour pie filling directly into your pie plate (no crust required) and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.